The Solway Subcommittee met on the evening of 1 December 2016 at Creebridge, Newton Stewart.
- The WCRIFG Committee met in Glasgow on 7 December 2016 with video connection links to Aberdeen and Oban.
- A working group representing the WCRIFG met in Glasgow on 26 October to review the position with regards to the voluntary closure of the Loch Sunart MPA (see meeting note).
- On 28 September a Working Group representing the West Highlands and Skye Subcommittee met in Kyle to review the outcomes of the workshops held in Inverness on 22 July & 2 September with the aim of suggesting proposals for the consideration of the WCRIFG and thereafter Marine Scotland.
- The WCRIFG Committee met in Glasgow on 22 September primarily because of concerns of potential impacts by large numbers of displaced vessels in relation to the qualifying features of the Loch Sunart to Sound of Jura MPA. (see meeting note).
- On 7 September a meeting of the Solway Subcommittee Working Group (Cockles) took place in Castle Douglas.
- An independently facilitated meeting/workshop involving members of the West Highlands & Skye Subcommittee took place in Inverness on 2 September in connection with the Inner Sound.
- A meeting took place on 26 August involving Tiree based members of the Mull & Argyll Subcommittee in Oban with representatives of SNH and Marine Scotland to discuss proposed marine conservation measures for Coll & Tiree.
- The Mull Subcommittee Working Group met at Craignure on 26 April to explore potential opportunities to improve gear conflict issues and sustainable fisheries management off the west Coast of Mull.
- A mediated workshop regarding the Inner Sound and involving members of the West Highlands & Skye Subcommittee took place on 22 July in Inverness.
- A meeting of the Solway Subcommittee Working Group (Cockles) was held in Castle Douglas on 14 July.
- The first meeting of the WCRIFG Committee met on 1 June when the committee structure of the recently formed regional IFG was agreed (see minutes).
A meeting of the Solway Subcommittee Working Group (Cockles) met on 31 May in Castle Douglas.
- The West Highlands and Skye Subcommittee held an inaugural meeting on 20 May when matters discussed included issues concerning the Inner Sound.