- DRAFT MINUTES for the N&EC RIFG Management Committee which was held on 25th November 2016 are now available here. If you or your association wish to raise any matter arising from these minutes or want representation at the next meeting, contact Iain Maddox.
- NEW GEAR MARKING CONSULTATION: All inshore fishermen and associations are encouraged to participate in a new consultation by 3rd February 2017 latest, regards proposals to help address gear marking. Click this link: https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/marine-scotland/static-gear-deployed-within-12-nautical-miles then ‘Begin Consultation’, then click each ‘Draft Proposal’ box in turn to reveal the content.
- The CRAB & LOBSTER CONSULATION is now closed: A range of suggested measures were consulted on, including increasing Minimum Landing Size (MLS) for brown crab, velvet crab and lobster, decreasing the maximum landing size for female lobster and introducing a maximum landing size for male lobster, plus prohibiting the landing of berried velvet crab and crippled lobster.
- CREEL SURVEY: A survey of creel fishing effort is underway on the east coast and will report in the new year.
- NEPHROPS FISHING IN THE INNER MORAY FIRTH: A Work Group of local fishermen has been set up for the management and development of inshore fishing in the Inner Moray Firth. The group reinstated and updated a voluntary agreement regards Nephrops fishing by twin-rigged vessels under 300HP west of the line between Lothberg Point and Burghead, click here to see the chart and agreement details.
- LOTHIANS & BERWICKSHIRE: A Work Group of local fishermen fishing out of harbours on the south side of the Firth of Forth and Berwickshire coast has been set up for the management and development of inshore fishing.